About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California
I am 47 and thriving in Southern California. One day at a time.
TO POST A COMMENT: Click on any "orange-colored" post title and scroll to the bottom.




Thursday, October 27, 2011

anger management

i've gone through more tissues today than a 13 year old boy.

if dribbling tears were a commodity i'd be "sell, sell, sell"-ing and floating away on my fortune.

i went to the gym today for the first time. despite the natural endorphins injected through my veins, there remained a constant pang nested in my chest, fluttery wings crashing up against my hollow chest, feathers wafting away.

hollow chest. broken heart.

and from the nest of dysfunction arose the hatchling red hotus angerus. and i burned. and burned deep.

for 30 years i've been dealing with kidney disease and transplantation, and now i have another disease? for 41 years i could have a couple of glasses of wine at dinner and now i can't? i can never go to a killers concert and have a few beers? i can never indulge in a wine tasting again? i can never say "skol" again?

[and i can never get near a medicine cabinet again.]

i don't give a fruit fly if you think i am feeling sorry for myself. i have now been exposed to the road to recovery and it is arduous, riddled with temptations and time consuming. it will become part of who i am if i am to survive. for i am an addict.

but simmering underneath my anger always brews sadness, and deep, deep remorse for how i have hurt myself, the persons i have hurt and one person in particular.

tonight my loneliness feels like a spiderweb you accidentally walk into. it fixates to the skin and cloaks me with its poison.

and i hate spiders.

3 comments:

  1. I was in mid-comment earlier today about yesterday's post...but at times I am at a loss of what to say. I think your emotions in your blog are completely honest to you and your friends/readers.
    Trav taught me it's better to catch spiders in a glass and release them outside. Maybe, in some ways, you are being released.
    I think about you so often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog always create some informational and amazing things, which add in my knowledge and experience.But I am a bit confuse. Thanks for sharing.Waiting for next post.
    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if it's just me or if everybody else experiencing issues with
    your blog. It appears as if some of the text within your
    posts are running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening
    to them as well? This may be a issue with my browser because I've had this happen before. Cheers

    Look into my web blog ... Mountain Dew Breakfast drink

    ReplyDelete