About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California
I am 47 and thriving in Southern California. One day at a time.
TO POST A COMMENT: Click on any "orange-colored" post title and scroll to the bottom.




Sunday, May 10, 2009

Twisted Logic

The last thing I wanted to do was insult my friends. They are my family and I hold them in the highest esteem.

When I wrote "no-one respects homemakers", I was speaking from my OWN experiences. I remember all too vividly the inquiries as to my career that slowly began to fade away. The pity in people's eyes. The glazed look of disappointment that I was no longer acting. Quite frankly, they wanted to hear I was starring in a movie of the week, not picking up my dog's poop.

Do I believe homemakers are vital, essential and valuable? Yes. Do I miss my career? Yes. But I still believe society values professionals over us. Perhaps they shouldn't, but they are more impressed by thriving careers any day, anytime. This has been my experience and my sadness.

I think homemakers are amazing and undervalued. Especially the moms.

Please forgive my outburst. It was simply a reflection of all I have lost, and all that I wish to reclaim...

No comments:

Post a Comment