About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California
I am 47 and thriving in Southern California. One day at a time.
TO POST A COMMENT: Click on any "orange-colored" post title and scroll to the bottom.




Sunday, November 6, 2011

easy like sunday morning

there is something remarkable that happens when that door shuts and the gavel pounds twice.

between 4 unadorned walls a roomful of eclectics sit, shifting and sipping.

but when the meeting starts, an aura drifts down blanketing the crowd below.

understanding.

in my first 30 days, i still do the newcomer bop; standing quickly, eyes shifted downward as i quickly blurt, "henriette, alcoholic, addict"...

"hi henriette".

done. i am accepted.

judgement doesn't squat here.

demons spill forth after the first handshake. laughter flows freely, like a sandbag removed from a dam.

[suppressing laughter of our ridiculousness would lead to emotional implosion]

building my foundation is hard. they wipe the sweat from my brow. interior designing my foundation.

and for an hour, i know i am a picture perfect person.

easy like sunday morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment