About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California
I am 47 and thriving in Southern California. One day at a time.
TO POST A COMMENT: Click on any "orange-colored" post title and scroll to the bottom.




Saturday, July 26, 2008

Tension Headache

I've basically had a headache since I got back from Toronto 2 weeks ago.

This is not terribly surprising. I've always been plagued by headaches, but even for me this is unusual.

I'm also sleeping over 9 hours a night now-easily. So, I'm starting to wonder...

Some of the ways the body manifests loss of kidney function is exhaustion, headaches, a mental and physical apathy, nausea, loss of appetite. When your kidney(s) function is compromised, you are essentially being poisoned.

Today an enormous manila folder and DVD (entitled "Sharing the Experience") from Cedars Sinai arrived for me to peruse and complete before my appointment on Friday the 1st. This is the "big" meeting. I'll be meeting with my Transplant Surgeon/Urologist (same dude), my Transplant Coordinators, 4 Transplant Nephrologists (3 of whom I met in February), my Transplant Finance Analyst, my Transplant Social Worker and a Clinical Dietitian. I imagine I'll be clinging to hubby's hand throughout the entire 4 hour meeting. That or somehow rocking in fetal position.

So despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, I'm still desperately in denial that this event is on the horizon. It really is amazing how rooted in truth cliches are. "I can't believe this is happening." It's true. I really can't. There's a lot about this that I can't believe. I can't believe I don't have a single family member willing to be tested for me. And I can't believe I have friends and acquaintances and strangers lining up to save my life.

It's shaping up to be an amazing ride....

No comments:

Post a Comment