About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California
I am 47 and thriving in Southern California. One day at a time.
TO POST A COMMENT: Click on any "orange-colored" post title and scroll to the bottom.




Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Don't forget to stop and smell the flowers...

I sat down tonight with the intention of back peddling my last entry. But upon much reflection I reconsidered. To alter my words would only do a disservice to the concept of honesty. A concept I fiercely believe in. It has been a polarizing entry. Some have praised my bravery, with much respect, and others felt it inappropriate (but, really there was only one person who felt that way....God bless my evolved friends!).

Perhaps, with its raw emotion, that entry was shocking because sadly we aren't exposed to enough total honesty in life. I do, however, suspect my words would not have been of note had they been glowing descriptions of sunsets and flowers. Why is it human nature to focus on a singular negative comment and take for granted all the wonderful ones?

So, of course this means if I am going to dish it out, I have to take it. I believe one of the reasons I love being an actress is that I can enhance communication. Stories help us with reflection, introspection and hopefully, growth. Miscommunication breeds such chaos, so I believe, despite any initial sting, the reward is always worth the risk.

So bring it on.

I can't think of a time in my life that has caused me more stress. The stakes are so incredibly high, that I'm certain I occasionally lose perspective. But I never want to become complacent; I always want to evolve. I always want to learn.

And I know I make mistakes along the way. I am flawed. And I am scared.

My true regret over my last entry is that I neglected to address my blessings. I am in genuine awe of those whom have stepped forward to be tested. You can gaze admiringly upon some of their faces here. I know I do. A day doesn't go by where I don't think of them and the beautiful souls they inhabit.

They give me strength.

They give me hope.

They fuel my soul.

How did I get so lucky?

You know, sometimes it's OK to stop and watch the sunsets and smell the flowers...

3 comments:

  1. Never apologize for how you feel, it is what makes us human. People should not offer what they are not really willing to give. I wish you well, and I am SURE you will find what you seek! Your blog is for your thoughts and if someone doesn't like it, they don;t have to read it. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that. I think you have earnd the right to say what you feel - and we are all scared at times, but what gets us through is saying/writing it as it really is... I have yet to meet the person who has managed to deal with their problems in life with out going down the route of true and raw emotions - it what will really get us through! I proud of you!!! love cuz

    ReplyDelete