About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California
I am 47 and thriving in Southern California. One day at a time.
TO POST A COMMENT: Click on any "orange-colored" post title and scroll to the bottom.




Sunday, April 5, 2009

Father Figure

My father died at age 38. I am 40.

He was riddled with diabetes, an alcoholic and there was speculation as to his drug abuse...

Hmmmm...the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

I recently read old letters of his. They were full of joie de vivre...spectacular and remarkable.

Connected, yes. Suffering both from chronic illness. Yet I am determined to beat this beast.

When I read his letters, I was amazed by our similarities...His address book a carbon copy of mine. Messy, jumbled and cluttered. And yet it filled me with joy. To have this connection with him...

It's been almost 30 years since he died. And I still miss him.

Do we ever forget those we love?

No comments:

Post a Comment