About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California
I am 47 and thriving in Southern California. One day at a time.
TO POST A COMMENT: Click on any "orange-colored" post title and scroll to the bottom.




Wednesday, June 1, 2011

friday in copenhagen

it's impossible for me to form words tonight...to string together articulate droplets upon this necklace of pain that weighs heavy around my neck...

my heart has been in denmark since wednesday may 25th @3:50 am pst.

and on friday june 3rd @ 03:00 hrs., l.a. time and @ 12:00 hrs., danish time, every sinew and fiber in my body will ache to be in greve strand.

where i spent 4 idyllic summers, learning life lessons from bedstemor that i live my life by to this day. her utter commitment to exercise, eating well, pride in running a home, and working in her late 50's, to learn english so that she could bond on a deeper level with her canadian grandchildren. she showed me marriage was a partnership; equal souls, united as a team in the pursuit of a good life. she lived life like a child at heart, but with the wisdom the most powerful intellectuals couldn't touch. she understood that there aren't that many "big" things in life, and that the "little" gifts were the ones to be celebrated daily...

and she did. boy, did she ever. making me laugh right up until the very last seconds i ever spoke to her...


i can't write anymore.  i can't see through my glasses. and i'm tired of blowing my nose. and so i give it over...

"Other Side Of The World"

Over the sea and far away
She's waiting like an iceberg
Waiting to change
But she's cold inside
She wants to be like the water

All the muscles tighten in her face
Buries her soul in one embrace
They're one and the same
Just like water

[Chorus:]
The fire fades away
Most of everyday
Is full of tired excuses
But it's too hard to say
I wish it were simple
But we give up easily
You're close enough to see that
You're the other side of the world to me

On comes the panic light
Holding on with fingers and feelings alike
But the time has come
To move along

[Chorus]

Can you help me?
Can you let me go
And can you still love me
When you can't see me anymore

[Chorus] 



[thank u, kt tunstall]


bedstemor never had tired excuses...


bedstemor never gave up easily...


bedstemor never asked for it to be simple...


but tonight, bedstemor is "on the other side of the world to me"...


1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how much you want to be in Denmark and I'm sure Bedstemor knows this too. Be proud of all the things she has taught you. And I'm sure that one day in the very distant future someone close to you will say the same thing about you. <3 you tons Hen.

    ReplyDelete